Bananas Foster Trifle

Bananas Foster Trifle
Cheesecake! Bananas Foster! Can you say…..heavenly dessert? This starts with a perfect cheesecake.  Want to know how I got this cheesecake? I did not make it. It was gifted to me. Yup! My friend and I get together to bake on school vacations. Well, she needed to make a cheesecake for her daughter’s science project. She was testing if it would crack using the method below. Curious about the results? It did not crack! After baking it, she gifted it to me to “play” with. Now THAT is friendship. I had my heart set on a bananas foster cheesecake so that is what I turned it into. Bananas cooked in butter and hot, brown sugar=perfection. This is a winner! Bring on the bananas foster cheesecake…..

Ingredients
  • 2 Sara Lee pound cakes (Or click here to bake your own)
  • 2 containers cool whip (Or click here to make your own)
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding (prepared according to package directions)
  • One batch Bananas Foster (recipe below)
  • half gallon vanilla ice cream
  • Bananas Foster:
  • 8-9 bananas
  • 8 Tablespoons butter
  • 1⅓ cups light brown sugar (next time I may try dark brown sugar for a richer color)
Instructions
  1. Bananas
  2. Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add sugar and whisk in until smooth. Slice bananas on a diagonal and add to skillet. Stir gently to coat. Transfer gently to a plate to cool.
Assembly:
  1. Cut pound cake into small squares and lay in trifle dish.
  2. Add some pudding and then some cream
  3. Pour on some of the cooled bananas
  4. Repeat layers until you reach the top. Reserve a few bananas
  5. Make cream the final top layer.
  6. Top this layer with scoops of of ice cream and pour on the reserved bananas. Serve quickly!!!!!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel