CHOCOLATE CARDAMOM VEGAN CAKE WITH WHIPPED CHOCOLATE FROSTING

CHOCOLATE CARDAMOM VEGAN CAKE WITH WHIPPED CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Cake time! And not just any cake, but a showstopper with cardamom and coconut cream and whipped chocolate frosting. Actually I thought this cake was awesome and airy thanks to the lack of oil and addition of coconut cream and 3 flax eggs. And I love this frosting, it is an old family recipe and is soft and creamy, like melting fudge. I love that this cake fits all seasons – holiday for sure, but also great for spring and summer brunches, especially if you lighten the frosting and dot the top with berries.
Here I used my favorite vegan sprinkles from this brand, and everyone at our house felt like it was a party.
All in all, one of my favorite cakes this year.
INGREDIENTS
for cake
  • 1/2 70% cacao melted chocolate bar (I use this brand)
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder
  • 1 1/3 all purpose flour (I use this brand)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1 1/4 cups coconut palm sugar (I use this brand)
  • 1 tsp vanilla powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup coconut cream (I use this brand)
  • 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp flax + 6 tbs water) (I use this ground flax)
for frosting
  • 1/2 cup vegan butter
  • 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar (I use this brand)
  • 2/3 100% cacao (unsweetened) chocolate bar (I used this bar)
METHOD
Cake:
1. Make flax eggs: Stir flax with water and let sit 5 minutes.
2. Butter 2 (8-inch) cake pans and dust with cacao powder
3. Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl.
4. Mix all dry ingredients in a larger bowl, and add mixture to the wet ingredients.
5. Blend mixture until smooth, then divide evenly between the two baking pans, tapping them on the counter to level the mixture. Bake 25 minutes at 350 F or until tester is clean.

Frosting: Melt vegan butter and dark chocolate in pan but don’t burn, just melt. Pour on a bowl of the powdered sugar, add in milk and coffee, whip with blender until peaky. Cover with a soaking wet paper towel if not ready to frost immediately.
Assemble cake by stacking layers, frosting each. Or, to replicate our cake pictured, slice each layer lengthwise to make a 4-layer cake. I also piped rosettes of the same frosting and sprinkled with my favorite vegan sprinkles…

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel