Chickpea Avocado Mash with Feta

Chickpea Avocado Mash with Feta
Chickpeas and avocado mashed together and then mixed with red onion and feta to create a delicious make-ahead vegetarian wrap or sandwich filling. This mash goes great with crackers or vegetables too.
Soooo…
I’ve been creating recipes on this blog for over 6 years now. 6 YEARS! I know, it’s crazy to me too. Trust me, I’m grateful every day that I took the chance on blogging. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. But tell me this- how is it that I haven’t mash together avocado and chickpeas yet??!!!!! 6+ years and I’m just getting around to this recipe.
This avocado chickpea mash is a great vegetarian option for those trying to reduce the amount of meat they eat. From my experience, it’ll keep good for 2-3 days stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Even if you’re not vegetarian I highly recommend adding this recipe to your meal plan rotation. It’s healthy and great way to up your protein and fiber intake.

Ingredients
  • 1 ripe avocado, pit and skin removed
  • 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • juice of one lemon
  • ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
  • ½ red onion, chopped
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl mash together the avocado and chickpeas until you get a consistency you like.
  2. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon.
  3. Stir in feta cheese and red onion.
  4. Give it a taste for salt and add more, if needed.
  5. Serve in a wrap, on toast, or with vegetables or crackers.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel